CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

O Christmas Tree...I Want to Eat You!

One of the things I always enjoyed as a stay-at-home mom, was to make crafts, bake, and be creative with my boys and all the other kids who came to our home for a visit. Today I took the day off from work, due to some little visitors we've had for a long weekend (my niece and nephew are with us, while their newlywed parents are celebrating in Jamaica). Today to be creative, we made Christmas tree cupcakes...but it's probably NOT what you are thinking!

I bought ice cream cones--the small variety, although I think sugar cones would be the best option to look like a real Christmas tree. We filled the cones with yellow cake mix, and topped with green frosting and sprinkles.

Here are the directions we followed:

1) Placed the cones in a muffin dish top side up.
2)Make the cake mix as directed on the yellow cake mix box.

3) Filled the cones 3/4 way full and placed them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center of the cupcake.


4) Remove conecakes from the oven, and let cool.

5) Flip over on a plate, frost, and decorate like a tree.


6) EAT & ENJOY! YUMMY!!!


2 comments:

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Wow- I love it! I just might have to do this with my 2-year-old. We love baking:)

Helga said...

What a great kids baking project to do together! My boys would love these :o)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...