CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

I'll Adjust.

I've always had a lot of change in my life.  I switched schools often due to location of our home, my parents divorced, we moved, our family situation changed again and again. In fact, I've come to like change really, and seriously wonder how I will take life when it may become stagnant and have little change.  Not surprising, life has rarely become even close to stagnant.

Today I was talking to a new friend (yes, I've been blessed with many new friends, recently...it all comes with change) and he asked how my new job was going and I didn't have an answer. Suddenly out of my mouth came a profound statement that I had not even considered, "I'm adjusting." 

What!?  "I'm adjusting?"  Is that the best I could reply?  Goodness me, you'd think I'd come up with something a little more professional, a little more...sugar-coated, but there it was.  "I'm adjusting."

It's the truth.  I am adjusting.  I hadn't considered that, but I am.  I went from being a stay-at-home-mom of two beautiful boys, the best gifts God has EVER given me, aside from salvation, and *POOF* I'm now working full time.  It all happened so fast...and I didn't have time to adjust...so two weeks later...I'm adjusting.  I'm now working full time with 14 toddlers at our church.  It truly is an amazing opportunity that God literally placed in my lap in an instant.  I couldn't be more...well, what would the emotion be?  Happy..yes, I'm happy about being there.  It's my church home afterall, and the people I work with in the childcare and preschool are above and beyond wonderful.  I'm in rare company with the phenomenal people that comprise the ministry at our church.  I feel blessed.  That's about the best word to describe me right now.  I am however, adjusting.

I'm adjusting to working again. 
I'm adjusting to new coworkers, new children, new administration, and a new title.
I'm adjusting to not being solely in-charge all of the time and working as a cohesive team.
I'm adjusting to not seeing my our beautiful boys every minute of everyday.
I'm adjusting to having sick children (they are picking up every germ)
I'm adjusting to these new people not knowing the real, true, me. 

I'm adjusting.  That's just it, and as it came spewing out of my mouth, I was take aback.  But,  it's the perfect explanation for how I am feeling. 

We're making headway, though, the boys, Aaron and I.  I know I'm not alone in this change.  We're a family.



We're adjusting....together.

~Amber

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...